|| Moving Guide
Planning Your Move
Planning your move well in advance can save you hours of stress in the long
run. Once you know the completion date of the move, start planning!
The following planner will help you focus on what needs to be done when.
1 Month To Go
- Notify landlord (if applicable).
- Contact Telephone to organise reconection/installation of a line.
- Inform Gas and Electrical companies that you will be the new owner of the
- Start collecting Packing Materials.
- Book time off work.
- Have a clear out!
2 Weeks and Counting...
- Book Removal Company or van.
- Arrange transit insurance (if necessary) for the move.
- Inform appropriate people of your Change of Address
by using our check list or our FREE
online change of address service.
- Tell Post Office to redirect mail on date of move.
- Organise for someone to look after any kids and pets.
- Notify Local Authority of move and new address.
- Make plan of new home and decide which rooms will be used for what.
- Start Packing (it's never too early).
1 Week Left
- Arrange for any final bills to be paid.
- Have meters read and pay any outstanding amount.
- Cancel any services, e.g. window cleaner, milkman, newspaper delivery.
- Confirm arrangements with utility companies.
- Arrange the exchange of keys. Collect yours as soon as possible.
- Find some old blankets to put down in new house to protect carpets.
- Make map of new property for the removal company.
- Start cleaning the house.
The Day Before
- Label Boxes and finalise packing.
- Pack a container for emergency supplies.
- Defrost Fridge/Freezer.
- Finish cleaning the house.
The Day of the Move
- Disconnect any remaining appliances.
- Have one last final check.
- Close and lock doors and windows.
- Check that all containers have been delivered.
Selling Your Home?
Want To Save Commission Fees?CLICK HERE
to find out about our award-winning service.
What the Papers Say
"Excellent service. Wins five stars for usability and value for money"Sunday Times
"Pioneer of property selling online"