Advertising with an Estate Agent and HouseWeb

You can advertise your property with HouseWeb and an Estate Agent, and if you sell through an enquiry that came via HouseWeb, you do not need to pay the Estate Agent their commission. The Office of Fair Trading state in their guide "Using an estate agent to sell your home",

"Sole agency: The estate agent you appoint is the only agent with the right to sell your property. As you are not an agent, if you find a buyer yourself you don't have to pay the estate agent's commission."

As HouseWeb is a publisher and not an Estate Agent, by advertising on our site you are selling yourself, as buyers approach you directly.

TIP: Check the estate agent's contract to make sure they haven't specified a clause saying "sole selling rights" rather than "sole agent right". In this case you would still have to pay the agent commission even if you sold it yourself.