|| HouseWeb Payment Instructions
Advertising your Property on HouseWeb
Terms & Conditions
HouseWeb Limited of St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS ("HouseWeb", "We", "Us") agree to provide to you the homeowner ("You", "Your") the services as described in this document subject to the terms and conditions of this document ("Terms").
By advertising your property on HouseWeb Service, you agree to the following Terms:
- In consideration for the payment of the Fee as set out on the HouseWeb website (“Site”), you may advertise details of the property (“Property”) submitted by you to HouseWeb for publication on the Site.
- The “Service” will include:
- providing a market place for you to privately advertise your property;
- tools to enable you to manage the content of your advertisement;
- the forwarding of enquiries generated by your advertisement to your nominated email address;
- information relating to buying and selling houses.
- You agree that in all other respects the responsibilities of selling your home are yours and that the HouseWeb Service is strictly limited to these Terms.
- You agree to use the Service strictly in accordance with these Terms.
- You confirm that you have read the guidelines set out in the HouseWeb Guide To Selling Your Home at www.houseweb.co.uk/house/sell
You warrant and agree that:
YOUR PROPERTY ADVERT CONTENT
- You are the legal owner of the property and have the right and authority to sell the Property; or you legally represent the legal owner of the Property and are under their instruction and have the right and authority to sell the Property.
- You are over 18 years of age and are legally entitled to enter into these Terms.
- HouseWeb will turn your property live on receipt of payment. Should you not wish your property to be turned live immediately, it is your responsibility to inform HouseWeb.
- HouseWeb are a publishing medium enabling you to privately advertise the Property for sale and that HouseWeb are not in any capacity acting as agent in respect of the Property.
RENEWAL, DURATION & REMOVAL OF YOUR PROPERTY ADVERT
- You confirm and warrant that the details, description, information and any images submitted for publication by HouseWeb on the Site are true and accurate and contain no false statements, misrepresentations or omissions which may mislead any interested parties over the condition, location and availability of the Property or your lawful right to sell it.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for the content and accuracy of any advert that you post on the Site.
- You agree that you shall indemnify HouseWeb in full and hold it harmless for any losses or damages howsoever arising, including claims from third parties, that may result directly or indirectly from any advertisements that you post on the Site.
- HouseWeb reserves the right to suspend or terminate (at its sole discretion) the publication of your advertisement on the Site in the event that it is made aware by whatever means that the content is inappropriate, misleading or inaccurate, without liability to you. In such circumstance HouseWeb will notify you of the suspension or termination.
- Any adverts giving rise to complaint or dispute of any kind shall be suspended pending resolution or otherwise terminated. HouseWeb may in its sole discretion reactivate the advertisement upon receipt of satisfactory proof that such a dispute or complaint has been resolved or otherwise satisfied. In no event shall HouseWeb be required to act in respect of any dispute or complaint other than to suspend or terminate the advertisement.
- Advertisements which infringe any law or regulation (or potentially are infringing) containing foul or otherwise inappropriate language, offend or infringe the rights of any third party (including intellectual property rights) will be removed immediately, without warning or liability to HouseWeb.
YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- You are required to renew your Property advertisement every 30 days from the original data of submission. In order to keep our database up-to-date, we reserve the right to delete any unrenewed property from our database at any point.
- Should we be unable to contact you via the current e-mail address you provide on your advertisement, and it appears this e-mail is no longer functioning, we reserve the right to delete your property without liability to us.
- You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to delete your advertisement as soon as the Property is no longer available.
- Renewed Property advertised for sale will remain on HouseWeb for the period of time specified on the Property Packages page (http://www.houseweb.co.uk/prop/compare.html). Properties will be removed from the database after this date, unless a renewal option is available for your advert.
- All rental adverts carry an annual advertising fee. In the event that the annual fee is not paid the advertisement will be removed forthwith.
- If you contact us to request the deletion of the Property, we can only remove your property with proof that you are the original advertiser.
CANCELLATION OF YOUR ADVERT
- You understand that it is essential to provide a working and correctly submitted e-mail address in order to receive any enquiries from interested parties and communications from HouseWeb.
- You are responsible for checking that your contact details on your advert are correct and kept up-to-date at all times to ensure enquiries reach you.
- HouseWeb cannot be held responsible for any e-mail problems you experience, whether a result of your Internet Service Provider, the Internet or any other technical issue.
- You agree that HouseWeb gives you the option to display your Property house name/number and street name with your property. You understand that by publishing these details you may get interested parties calling at your house. If you have a concern about security, we recommend you do not publish your house number and street name and read also the guideline on safety which can be found at www.houseweb.co.uk/house/sell/howto/safety.html
- Should you choose to use a non-geographical forwarding telephone number (such as an 0870 number) on your advert and/or printed on your For Sale sign, you understand that:
- this forwarding number service is operated by a third-party telecoms company, and therefore the delivery and availability of this service is outside the control of HouseWeb.
- this number will not be owned by you.
- HouseWeb cannot guarantee the availability and operation of this number during the life of your advert.
- Should the specific 0870 number no longer forward or be operational, it is your responsibility to amend and update your property advert and/or For Sale sign with an alternative telephone number if desired.
- Should you post an advertisement and change your mind for any reason before you have paid, please contact us and we will remove your advertisement from our database. You will not be charged.
FOR SALE & TO LET BOARDS
- You understand that Virtual Tours can be viewed by the majority of internet users, but in some cases users may have to download software to view the tour.
- HouseWeb cannot guarantee that external sites can display Virtual Tours.
- Should you wish to display a Tour for longer than 12 months a renewal charge will apply.
- are personalised with your property number and preferred contact phone number. Once purchased, the board is owned by you.
- are made to order once payment is received. Once the board has gone to
press, a refund cannot be given.
- are delivered to your door, by Royal Mail (please allow up to 10 working days). Should you
have not receive the board within this timeframe, it is your responsibility to
let us know.
- pricing includes VAT, postage and packaging. A post is not included and must
be sourced separately.
PROPERTY ENQUIRIES AND YOUR OBLIGATIONS
YOUR PROPERTY ON EXTERNAL WEB SITES
- You are solely responsible for
- Dealing with enquiries in relation to your Property;
- Agreeing the advertised price of the Property;
- Vetting potential buyers;
- Conducting viewings;
- Following up enquiries you receive;
- Negotiating price;
- Instructing your solicitor.
- You understand that any Property enquiries you receive via the HouseWeb messaging system are removed from the site after 60 days. Should you wish to keep enquiries, please make a copy for yourself.
- You understand and agree to HouseWeb monitoring all enquiries to you and responses from you for quality purposes. Should we believe that any enquiries are not genuine we will make our best endeavors to notify you but do not guarantee to do so. You agree that you are solely responsible for any responses you make to enquiries and any transactions that may result from this.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for managing any relationship (if any) you may have with property agents in respect of the Property and shall be liable for all fees or other payments that may be due to such agents as a result of the sale of the Property in accordance with the terms of such relationship.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
- You agree to your Property advertisement appearing on other web sites selected by HouseWeb for the further marketing of your Property.
- You agree that if you purchase a package which includes your Property appearing on external web sites, you agree that your Property and/or photos may not appear or be available on all the sites specified all of the time. Please allow up to four working days for your property to appear on external sites (this also applies to any future modifications you make).
- You understand that external sites have may different formats for property details, and different limits to number of photos displayed. As a result some information and photos you have submitted to HouseWeb may not appear on external sites.
- You agree that external sites which HouseWeb specifies it publishes your property details may change from time to time without notification. No refunds can be given should HouseWeb no longer publish to certain sites that were listed at the time of your property submission.
- We cannot guarantee that your property will remain on external sites for the full duration your property is on HouseWeb.
- You agree that HouseWeb has no control over the level of service, quality, accuracy, availbility and downtime of external web sites and HouseWeb accept no liability howsoever arising for any losses that may arise as a result of your Property details being advertised on an external website.
- You understand that it is a legal requirement to have a completed Energy
Performance Certificate (EPC)
- You agree to enter the figures from your property's Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) in My HouseWeb to ensure that your EPC graphs are linked from your advert.
- You agree that if you purchase a Energy Performance Certificate via HouseWeb, HouseWeb will use a preferred
EPC provider to carry this out. You understand and agree that your relationship regarding the
EPC and its information will be directly between you and the EPC provider. You agree that you will not hold HouseWeb responsible for any inaccurate information or any loss or damages caused as a result of any disputes about or inaccuracies within the
- Your advert will be turned live within one working day of receipt of payment of the Fee. Please note that once your advert is turned live, our service is deemed to be fully delivered and we are unable to refund for any reason, (including a change in your property circumstances, for example, the property removed from the market or sold through another route).
- No refunds will be offered for temporary or permanent loss of Service howsoever arising, including but not limited to a loss of Service due to the HouseWeb website or Property Database being unavailable for whatever reason.
- No refunds will be given if we delete your Property as a result of you not renewing it every 30 days.
- In no event will HouseWeb be liable to you whether by way of a refund or in any other respect in the event that HouseWeb ceases to trade for whatever reason.
- The total liability of HouseWeb to you, howsoever arising under these Terms in respect of the Service, shall be limited (to the extent permitted by law) the total Fee paid by you for the Service.
- This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- By submitting the Property to HouseWeb you warrant that you own the copyright in details, including photographs, that you submit and grant us a licence to use the Property details to provide the Service and for publicity when promoting the Site and the Property.
- HouseWeb respects your privacy and shall manage your personal details strictly in accordance with its policy on data protection which may be found at www.houseweb.co.uk/privacy.html
- You understand that HouseWeb cannot guarantee a buyer (properties for sale) or tenant (rental properties) as a result of submitting the Property to HouseWeb, nor can HouseWeb guarantee enquiries or the legitimacy of enquiries.
- HouseWeb reserves the ultimate discretion as to which adverts, if any, are in violation of these terms.
- HouseWeb reserves the right to alter these terms at any point and without notification.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between HouseWeb and you and all warranties and representations save as are expressly set out in these Terms are hereby excluded, to the extent permitted by law.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Selling Your Home?
Want To Save Commission Fees?CLICK HERE
to find out about our award-winning service.
What the Papers Say
"Excellent service. Wins five stars for usability and value for money"Sunday Times
"Pioneer of property selling online"